1980 HERITAGE AWARD RECIPIENT
The Redlands Area Historical Society, Inc.
Heritage Award 1980
Louis B. Cooper Home
560 Terracina Blvd.
At 560 Terracina Blvd. stands a stately Georgian colonial home built by Louis B. Cooper. Mr. Cooper built a number of lovely homes in Redlands including the Holt house on Olive and Alvarado. His Terracina house seems to have been completed by 1905.
It is a three-story Greek revival-style house with fifteen rooms. Four columns are arranged in a semi-circular shape around the front porch and between each column is a low spindle rail. An open porch at the top of each column also has a- spindle rail with urn-shaped finials at intervals.
The entry has a full-length glass door with glass panels on either side. The inside of the home matches the promise of its classic exterior. Especially notable are the round upstairs bathroom and the curved ceiling in the dining room.
The grounds have been beautifully maintained and provide a marvelous feeling of privacy.
Dr. Eustace L. Benjamin and Judge Joseph Ciano have been two of the previous owners. Dr. and Mrs. Hunter Crittenden have lived in this lovely home since 1963.