1979 HERITAGE AWARD RECIPIENT
The Redlands Area Historical Society, Inc.
Heritage Award 1979
Robbins Retreat Center
302 Nordina Street
The Robbins Retreat Retirement Center, located at 302 Nordina Street, was originally built as Redlands’ first hospital. It was designed by Harris and Pratt and built by J. E. Light in 1904 at a cost of approximately $12,500.
The two-story, Mission Revival style building contains thirty rooms. Many of the present residents were patients in the building when it served as a hospital.
Mrs. Kathryn Robbins is the present owner, maintain this building and grounds with care. The building has been serving the health and care needs of people for 75 years.