1981 HERITAGE AWARD RECIPIENT
The Redlands Area Historical Society, Inc.
Heritage Award 1981
T. W. Ladd Home
7 Grant Street
Completed in about 1893 by builder-owner T.W. Ladd, this small brick house is an example of a not-typical Redlands style. The lot cost $600. The house built upon it is a one-story with white wooden trim. The original sections may have been started in 1890 and contained a living room, dining room, and two bedrooms. The kitchen and bathroom were added in 1910.
The present owner, Sharon Emerson, has restored the ceilings to their original twelve foot height and secured a reproduction of a cast-iron, electrified cookstove.
This brick cottage, restored and well cared for, is a handsome example of a late-Victorian, native-brick structure.