Tom Atchley will be giving an armchair tour of the University Tract on Saturday, April 6 at 10:00 a.m. in the Contemporary Club house located at 173 Eureka Street. Historical and current slides will following the ownership of the land from Leland Stanford and Dr. Jacob D.B. Stillman. The tract was surveyed by Isaac Ford and sales of lots started in 1912.
Homes on Church Street, University, Campus and especially College will be discussed. The original street tree plan and the clinker-brick neighborhood entries will be shown. Many University of Redlands professors moved into the neigborhood along with the development of the Franklin Elementary School and the University Grocery.
Usually the Historical Society walking tours levy a $10 fee for our tours. Participants of this program will be asked to make a donation to the A.K. Smiley Library.