Frank Pierce Morrison, president of the First National Bank of Redlands, is a native Californian, and was born in San Francisco in 1859. He graduated in the class of 1878 from the scientific course of Yale University. In 1882 Mr. Morrison came to Redlands. Very little of this section was improved at that time, but Mr. Morrison purchased land intending to improve it and to reside here. In June of that year he planted five acres to oranges and in the summer of 1885 completed his residence, on Palm Avenue. At the present time Mr. Morrison has about 75 acres in orchards within the city limits and several other improved tracts in this immediate neighborhood.
When the Bear Valley dam was projected he became one of the first stockholders, owning a thousand shares of the original 3,600, but he sold his interest before the irrigation system was completed. He was identified, however, in many ways with the early history of Redlands. March 5, 1887, the Bank of the East San Bernardino Valley, now the First National Bank of Redlands, was incorporated and was opened for business on the 4th of the following April. Mr. Morrison was its first president. The bank was originally opened in George A. Cook’s building on the corner of Colton Avenue and Orange Street, Lugonia, but was soon moved to the Wilson & Berry block directly opposite. June 25, 1888, it was moved to the building now occupied by the post office and its name was changed as above. In 1892 its present building, formerly the Sloan House, was purchased and remodeled to accommodate the First National and the Savings Bank of Redlands which was incorporated June 25, 1891, and of which Mr. Morrison bas been president since it opened. He has been city treasurer since the first city election Nov. 26, 1888. Mr. Morrison is a Knight Templar and a member in the 32d degree of the Scottish rite order.
[Source: Illustrated Redlands, 1897, p. 22.]
He was married in 1885 to Mabel Stillman (1867-1941), daughter of the Lugonia pioneer, Dr.J.D.B.Stillman. Their children are: Laurence Stillman Morrison, of Hanford. Stanley Morrison, professor of Law at Stanford University(1892-1955): William P.Morrison, Merced rancher(1895-1962): and Mrs(Amy) H.O.Phillips, of Pasadena(1893-1968).
[Source: Redlands Golden Jubilee 1888-1938]