Among the portraits which all old times and many others will be pleased to find in this volume, is that of Miss Anna Pierpont, who came to Redlands in October, 1887, with the family of Thomas McCabe, from Cheshire, Conn. Soon after her arrival she engaged with B. O. Johnson as cashier, and subsequently filled the same position with other business houses. In September, 1890, she became a partner with Miss L. E. Foote in a book, stationery and art goods store, which was located at 12 East State street. Two years afterward she was obliged, by failing health, to discontinue business and sold her interest to her partner. In 1895, she returned to Cheshire, Conn., where she is living with her mother.
(Source: Illustrated Redlands, 1897, p. 59.)