In 1849 Eugene C. Warren was born at Cape Vincent, Jefferson County, N.Y., where he lived until twenty years of age. Then he removed to Iowa, where he resided until coming to Redlands June 19, 1885. Trained as a teacher in the common and normal schools, the latter at Oswego, N.Y., he taught most of the time, except for a few years when he was engaged in business as a druggist. His first employment in Redlands was in measuring the waters of the Santa Ana and other streams for Frank E. Brown. Afterwards he became secretary and superintendent of the Redlands Water Company and still holds this position. This was the original water company of Redlands proper, incorporated October 27, 1881, before even the preliminary town plat of Redlands had been filed. Mr. Warren was elected a member of the board of trustees of the city April 14, 1890, and served four years. July 21, 1879, he was married to Miss Laura E. Sullivan, at Nora Springs, Iowa. Seven children have been born to them; three boys and four girls, all of who are now living in California. Mr. Warren’s home place is a thirteen-acre ranch, in bearing orchards on Cajon street.
(Source: Illustrated Redlands, 1897, p. 7)