1977 HERITAGE AWARD RECIPIENT
The Redlands Area Historical Society, Inc.
Heritage Award 1977
Presbyterian Church House
115 Fourth Street (now 132 San Jacinto Street)
Built in 1888, the woodwork of the Presbyterian Sunday School office was done by Jerome Seymour. Seymour’s daughter, Emma Cryer, recalls that the home was built by a young couple and soon took on an air of tragedy when the young husband died.
Originally the home was directly across the street from its location on Fourth Street.
This one-story cottage is constructed of wood with overlapping side boards. The front features an offset gable with an asphalt shingle roof. The gable is with a pediment ornamented with two styles of shingle work. The lower part is a cut overlapping style, while the top is regular overlapping. Decorations at the top of the gable are of a stick-work design. The gable has two vents in it. A stick-style design in the millwork runs the entire length of the porch.