1977 HERITAGE AWARD RECIPIENT
The Redlands Area Historical Society, Inc.
Heritage Award 1977
Dr. W. J. Morris Home
1218 W. Olive Avenue
In January 1902 Dr. Morris purchased two lots in an orange grove from Mr. and Mrs. A. K. Smiley. Later that year Morris, a dentist, had a two-story residence “constructed” on this property. Mrs. Wagner, the present owner, thinks the home may have been a carriage barn that was moved to this site during 1902.
The home is two stories, and in 1902 had one bath tub and one water closet. The sewer connection in 1902 cost $2.40.